Notices

One Year and Under Part 75

Old 07-13-2024, 01:04 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
The Dog

I fully believe that finding something else to do is half the battle. Think of all the time drinking used to consume between trips to the store, drinking and sleeping it off only to do it all again. My last day of work was July 3rd and I don't return until August 12th. Used to be 5 weeks off work might have been a 5 week binge. Now I have to stay busy. The best way to make me stay busy is to find other ways to make money. I recycled air conditioners this week, recycled refrigerators and mowed. I even went to extra AA meetings. Anything to stay busy. Boredom was always one of my triggers.
Old 07-13-2024, 02:39 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

You’re right toots and FK…and it’s nice to know that an old dogs can learn new tricks!
Old 07-14-2024, 07:30 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 07-14-2024, 07:47 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning all! It's a hot humid day here in PA, but I'm looking forward to cooking up some favorites and watching the Phillies later today. Nice relaxing Sunday in store.

I took the dog for a walk this morning but it was so humid even at 8AM that we turned back early!
Old 07-14-2024, 08:24 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Headed to the NA 71st birthday picnic in Wilmington.
Gonna be a HOT one but plenty of water and good folks will keep me cool.
Old 07-14-2024, 10:52 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

hi :-)

relapsed - drank around/on my birthday 5/6/7/8/9 July (had beer, cider, brandy, sherry, champagne : cases + bottles)

did not get badly drunk, but kinda enjoyed it - however alcoholism was soon up and running and I was drinking in bed when I woke up on the 9th at 6:30am

I quit in the afternoon of the 9th July and the acute withdrawal has not been bad ...

right - back to one day at a time ...

anyway, well done if you are now a non-drinker like me :-)

Old 07-14-2024, 01:58 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redcardid View Post
hi :-)

relapsed - drank around/on my birthday 5/6/7/8/9 July (had beer, cider, brandy, sherry, champagne : cases + bottles)

did not get badly drunk, but kinda enjoyed it - however alcoholism was soon up and running and I was drinking in bed when I woke up on the 9th at 6:30am

I quit in the afternoon of the 9th July and the acute withdrawal has not been bad ...

right - back to one day at a time ...

anyway, well done if you are now a non-drinker like me :-)
good on you turning things back around so quickly. When I have had to start the count over at day 1, it usually takes me at least 6 months, and sometimes it's measured in years before I have another go at things. Being aware of that I am doing what I can to not take that ride again. Be well!!
Old 07-14-2024, 06:13 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Go Phillies Sam!
Getting back on track is key Red. Thanks for sharing this - proud of your honesty.
Hi FK! Hi LB!

Another sober weekend in the books! Thanks for the support everyone.
Old 07-14-2024, 09:52 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey Peke! My weekdays are often more interesting than the weekends right now. Getting my slow and steady laps in around the pool table tomorrow night at the local cash game. Got in a good deed yesterday and drove a guy home who was clearly too wasted to get there on his own. I think the bartender may have set me up for it knowing she had been serving me water all night and he was not getting out without help. We used to have a local place that was just a pool hall. Nowadays even they have put in a full bar. Not the ideal environment, but if you want to play around here it's the only way to do it.
Old 07-14-2024, 10:46 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you made it back red

D
Old 07-15-2024, 04:42 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
You’re right toots and FK…and it’s nice to know that an old dogs can learn new tricks!
lol

I'm an aging mongrel who is being shown a bunch of new tricks. Learning them is gonna be a task but I feel you are never too old to learn.
Old 07-15-2024, 04:54 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Picnic was pretty cool. Nowhere else would a hundred or so addicts get together and not have total mayhem ensue. Lol

I got a door prize for having the least amount of clean time out of everyone there.
They start at 71, the age of NA, and count down. Everyone stands together as their year is called until it makes a full circle and the longest is standing next to the shortest.

Me at 20 Days standing next to a guy with 42 Years. He was only about 10 years older than me. We had a good talk and exchanged numbers. Plan to hit each others home group in the future.

There were folks there from their twenties to probably 70s. Everyone doing the right thing.

I can't stress enough if what you are doing ain't worked yet try something new.
Everyday my AV tries to convince me I've broken the cycle and don't need this but everyday I go to a meeting I know I do. Even if I didn't just the fellowship of these great folks makes you feel good inside.
Why would I give that up?

Only my AV knows

Have a great day all!
Old 07-15-2024, 06:10 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 376 ODAAT
Old 07-15-2024, 06:17 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
The Dog

Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
Me at 20 Days standing next to a guy with 42 Years. He was only about 10 years older than me. We had a good talk and exchanged numbers. Plan to hit each others home group in the future.

Have a great day all!
The guy's name wasn't Patrick by chance was it? Patrick has been quit 42 years, is part of the AA group I attend and is still there multiple times a week. I think last Thursday was the first meeting I went to that Patrick wasn't there. Doubt it was Patrick though. If you attend his home group you are going to have to come to Kansas.
Old 07-15-2024, 07:10 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Not Patrick.
I don't mind traveling but Kansas is a bit too far from NC for a meeting 😁
Old 07-15-2024, 12:20 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

That would be such a spooky coincidence it it was Patrick! FK that sounds such a cool picnic to attend

Red sorry to hear you lapsed mate, but good to see you get right back on the waggon
Old 07-15-2024, 12:53 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Happy Monday everyone!

I hear you LB! There’s always a workaround isn’t there? I played blackjack and boringly only ordered water from the cocktail waitress. Hope you’re doing well.
FK what a cool experience. Thank you for sharing this. You inspire me always.
Hi DD.
Stay cool Sam..how is the thumb feeling?!
Old 07-15-2024, 01:21 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
The Dog

I intended to never leave the house today since it is forecast for 106 degrees.But since I am laid off for the three weeks I want to file unemployment since I pay into it. But just like in January the state says my account has possibly been frauded so I have to verify my identification. This time the state sent me an email and I had to go to a post office so they could scan the barcode on the email to verify it was me. As of right now it is 103 outside

Hi Peke
Old 07-15-2024, 02:13 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Happy Monday everyone!

I hear you LB! There’s always a workaround isn’t there? I played blackjack and boringly only ordered water from the cocktail waitress. Hope you’re doing well.
you know it! I get the water with a couple lime wedges thrown in and a mock order that sounds like...could you make this 1 a little stronger than the last? Believe it or not, the bar with the best game in town I am not the only 1 who doesn't drink there.
Old 07-15-2024, 02:17 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Happy Monday everyone!

FK what a cool experience. Thank you for sharing this. You inspire me always.
Hi DD.
Stay cool Sam..how is the thumb feeling?!
Hey Peke! It's actually a lot better today, now thinking about it I believe I tweaked it at yoga on Saturday and that's why it hurt yesterday. Thanks for asking