Talking Class of June 2024 Support Thread Part One

Welcome everyone!

this is the support thread for
everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction
this month of

JUNE 2024

come and join us!

The latest MAY thread is now here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-3-a-2.html (Class of May 2024 Support Thread Part 3)
Old 05-31-2024, 06:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is for the new digs, Dee!

Daughter and I just got home from the gym. I swam 500 years (20 lengths), and she did 300. Felt good even if a light workout. Now we’re going to start Young Sheldon as our new show to watch together. Happy sober Friday, all.

Old 05-31-2024, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like a good day CH

D
Old 05-31-2024, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

June means summer is here and I love summer. I am an outdoor person and there is so much I cannot do outdoors if I have been drinking.
Old 05-31-2024, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the June thread Ddog - and you too CH obviously

D
Old 05-31-2024, 09:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning. Happy start of summer everyone in the northern hemisphere. I like summer. Up at 530am this morning. Reasonable. Didn't get a great sleep. Too many trips to the bathroom. Day 13.
Old 05-31-2024, 10:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome FF

D
Old 05-31-2024, 10:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The stress of my upcoming court appearance is really getting to me. Not going to drink (alcohol) over it but I'm off to a self destructive start today. I hope I just get a fine and a suspended sentence and it's over with.
Old 06-01-2024, 12:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I’m just hitting Day 7 today and feel pretty good about it. I’ve been posting elsewhere on the site about 0% beers which I have been trying but am sure now are not any kind of answer. Some of the very kind people on that thread suggested some other kinds of soft drinks and I’m going to try kombucha - not tried it before - but any other suggestions would be very much welcomed.

Promised myself - and now all of you - that I will check in every day of this month, so day 1 of check in Day 7!!!! Of freedom.

Pix
Old 06-01-2024, 01:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

Thanks Dee

Congrats on 1 week Pixie

FF - the water is just as dangerous as the booze FF, if not more so as it will kill you straight away. Given your bloods yesterday maybe seeing your psych or being admitted might be for the best.

sounds like a lovely evening CH.

Happy sober Saturday. Lovely day here. Slept well though have headache and sore body, probably from travelling and getting older.

Have a great day everyone,x
Old 06-01-2024, 01:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Everyday i have anxiety and mild depression , negative thoughts make it worse , so i am working on a new mental exercise that i heard of , whenever you feel some for of a bad feeling , imagine that it is happening to someone you love the most , and then give them the advice about the situation , it's amazing how different the conversation in my head goes when i imagine that my brother is going through this , i give so much better advice and it's so much more positive and full of hope. Anyway i need to keep doing it until it becomes second nature
Old 06-01-2024, 01:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day one again. Well done to everyone keeping on!!
Old 06-01-2024, 01:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

In for June and pledging for today. Day 607.
Old 06-01-2024, 02:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm looking forward to a sober June and doing some outside work this weekend. Starting Day 32 today.
Old 06-01-2024, 03:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good job everyone!
I love summer but its a challenge to keep away from thoughts of beer gardens etc. Especially in England and with the Euro's on soon.
Managed to get up for Parkrun and get a sub 27 minute time which Im happy with!
Old 06-01-2024, 04:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RAL

That's a great way of doing it Laza and I'm glad you've found something that is helping.

Congrats on day 1 Shining

And everyone on a sober day and a sober summer
Old 06-01-2024, 06:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm going to try something new and commit to a sober June and post every day. I'm scared to rely on anyone but myself, but maybe this is the thing that'll finally work? Nothing else has in over 4 years (after almost 2 glorious years sober). I'm full of doubt in myself, and my brain is all foggy but this morning, but, I'm officially committing to DAY 1 of FOREVER. Thanks all
Old 06-01-2024, 07:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Today's been a bit up and down.

Drank a bit too much water before 930am, then napped til noon, had dinner and didn't drink any after. No cravings for alcohol.

Did a little bit or maths. I really like the textbook on proofs I downloaded. Just started on it today.

Little bit of executive dysfunction the last few days. Need to get it together.
Old 06-01-2024, 07:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day 332 ODAAT
Old 06-01-2024, 07:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

If you really want to stay quit it is important to not get too comfortable with your quit. You getting comfortable is exactly what AV is waiting for. AV is waiting for you to feel like you don't need SR any more. AV is waiting for the, "O, I don't want to go in there and post or read posts because I am trying to forget I was ever an alcoholic." Well, here's a news flash, you are still an alcoholic, you will never stop being an alcoholic. I went over twenty five years without drinking and as soon as AV convinced me I wasn't an alcoholic I became one again. I started out with two shots of whiskey at a bar one night and within a week had a bottle at home. Sometimes I go to an AA meeting or visit the newest months thread here to put my two cents in and maybe help someone new quit. Other times I go to an AA meeting or visit the newest months thread at SR just to see or hear the misery of the newest quitter and remind myself I never want to return there again. I always see people who have been members of SR for many years with another day one. Try not getting comfortable with your quit and leaving this time. You had time to go to the store every day and buy alcohol. You had time to sit and drink. You had time to pass out and sleep it off. If you don't have time for SR or AA or something to remind you where you came from you will be back at day one again.