Notices

Class of June 2024 Support Thread Part One

Old 06-18-2024, 12:23 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Maybe I should just let them refer me to the Rehabilitation and Recovery service. I'll ask for more details about it at next bloods. They just mentioned it at bloods two weeks ago but the psychiatrist didn't bring it up at my last appt. But he had no idea who I was or what my history is.
Old 06-18-2024, 12:25 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Yeah, FF, for sure!!! That is an excellent idea—onward. s ❤️
Old 06-18-2024, 12:26 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Yeah. Tricky to answer though.

Dying from water intoxication is so rare and psychogenic polydipsia isn't rare among psych populations. A nurse told me about a patient who died of it on his third heart attack in his sixties but he said he was much worse than me. It's hard to really believe what I say in trribunals to make the panel know I understand the risks.

I should probably channel my obsessive nature into something positive.
Ah ha, like getting your degree and honours and masters, and teaching maths to confused university students. xx
Old 06-18-2024, 12:30 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Dying from water intoxication is so rare and psychogenic polydipsia isn't rare among psych populations. A nurse told me about a patient who died of it on his third heart attack in his sixties but he said he was much worse than me. It's hard to really believe what I say in trribunals to make the panel know I understand the risks.

Absolutely! Take all of that energy and follow healthy pursuits. You're doing amazing with not drinking and you're a very bright guy. Don't be your own worst enemy. You deserve and amazing life, FF!! Big hugs to you.
Old 06-18-2024, 12:33 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

That’d be a good idea Freedom but until then I’m going to get off your case about the water. I don’t want to interfere in your life. Just get worried about you. Turn into a ‘mother’, or something. Sorry.

You are doing so well with the alcohol and I don’t want to see that screw up because I’m hassling you out, adding to your anxiety, that’s for sure.

I hope you find your way Freedom.

Old 06-18-2024, 12:36 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
RAL

What steely said. Just to add we only say it as we care and it's frustrating seeing you destroy yourself. but we care
Old 06-18-2024, 12:38 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Thanks all.

Almost bedtime. Will be a month tomorrow (last drink was May 19th).
Old 06-18-2024, 12:54 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
RAL

Night FF. Congrats on 1 month sober
Old 06-18-2024, 01:26 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really wasn’t looking for an answer FF - but you should be.
Everyone wants to see you live a long, happy and fulfilled life, man

D

Old 06-18-2024, 02:14 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BassetDog View Post
Thanks RAL! I’m still taking it a day at a time but not gonna lie, I am definitely peaking ahead to triple digits I am glad you feel better after a good nights sleep. Sober sleep is infinitely more restful than drunken “sleep”. I also agree it’s been quiet in our group recently. Hopefully everyone is doing well, is sober, and just busy with fun summer activities!

97 days for me. The AV has been much quieter the last few weeks and I am very grateful for that. So for everyone fighting the fight and in the early days/weeks, it really does get better. Those first few weeks were really rough for me but here I am, sober and feeling better and you all can do the same!

I am committed to 24 more sober hours with you all. I won’t be picking up that first drink today. ODAAT.

Have a great Tuesday everyone
this was really great, congratulations on 97. i liked the shout out to all of those in their early days, great inspiration
Old 06-18-2024, 02:39 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread and to SR hdiebdke

D

Old 06-18-2024, 05:31 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hdiebdke View Post
this was really great, congratulations on 97. i liked the shout out to all of those in their early days, great inspiration
Welcome to the group! I’m not sure where you are at in your sobriety (just starting, have a little time under your belt, or have a lengthy period of time) but I heard many people on this thread share the same message that I shared earlier. I would get so frustrated after a few weeks of sobriety and was angry and felt hopeless that I was still having terrible cravings, terrible mood swings, and not floating away on a cloud of puppies and kittens. This would fuel many relapses for me. I am still early in my recovery but I have learned that things do in fact get better if you stick with it. I am looking forward to how I will feel at 200 days, 300 days, etc. There was no hope when I was pounding beers all day. Just an endless cycle of drinking, hangovers, anxiety, depression. I don’t want that anymore. I hope you stay on the sober path, stack those days one at a time, and never pick up that first drink again.
Old 06-18-2024, 06:30 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Good morning. One month today. 31 days no alcohol. Dunno when the last time was I made it this far without being in the psych ward for some of it.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:19 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

hey Freedomfries! Congrats on 31 days! You can do this! As Sly Stone says, you can make it you try!
Old 06-18-2024, 08:34 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Good morning. One month today. 31 days no alcohol. Dunno when the last time was I made it this far without being in the psych ward for some of it.
GREAT JOB freedom fries!!
​I ​haven't posted on this thread -- I'm at day 35 today and it's the longest I've gone since a 6 month stretch a year ago. Drinking is starting to become a little more distant memory, finally. These SR forum's, what others on here have kindly told me, what I now know and refer to as the AV, and everyone's own stories, has been a real help. So thank you all immensely, I'm very grateful for each one of you.
Old 06-18-2024, 09:47 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread Bradley

D
Old 06-18-2024, 11:06 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

Welcome Bradley and hdiebike

Congrats on 1 month Freedom That is indeed Freedom

Jr went on a trip last night and I collected him at 11pm. Good to be sober and clear headed and a taxi driver Utterly shattered now though but we shall continue with the day

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 06-18-2024, 11:30 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Thanks outonthetiles, Bradley, RAL.
Old 06-19-2024, 12:13 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-two.html