good night Peke and everyone
D
Old 01-14-2024, 11:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Committing to day 15
Old 01-15-2024, 12:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello all you beautiful people,
DD - that was such a good deed you and your wife did. I applaud you. She seems like a lovely, caring lady - (the story with the gloves) There truly are still good people around.
Lixie -well done. I'm right behind you at 85 days today. 5 to go till 3 months. I'm very proud of you, you're doing great.
Congrats to all others on their various milestones.
FF - glad the medication is helping you. Stay strong.
I can't for the life of me imagine those temps. We do get cold winters here in South Africa, but nothing like that!! We start complaining when it gets to -5 C.
And we're in the middle of summer now, so it's hard to picture all of you shovelling snow.
Well, keep warm and stay the course xxx
Old 01-15-2024, 02:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

13F this morning,
but I have a nice fire in the woodstove and plenty of coffee.
Our blizzard turned out not quite as bad as expected. Just cold temps until next week.
I may just stay in the next few days or I might go snowshoeing in the woods.
So many big decisions when you're retired.
The main thing is, I'm going to enjoy a nice sober day!
Old 01-15-2024, 03:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 469.
Old 01-15-2024, 04:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day 200!
I've been a busy bee. Classes Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. And working 12's Saturdays and Sundays. I am questioning my sanity at this point. Lol. But being sober is making it doable.

Youngest stepped on a piece of glass from a candle he accidentally broke last weekend. Thought we had all of the pieces picked up, nope. It was quite the deep cut. He got stitches last Monday night. Just started putting a bit of weight on his foot yesterday. Stitches out on Wednesday. So he's been out of bball. Hopefully back to playing by next week.
​​​​​​
Other than the extreme cold that is about all that has been going on around here.

​​​​​ I have been reading along even though I haven't posted much lately.

So much love to you all. 💜
Old 01-15-2024, 04:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 24. I'm supposed to be in court tomorrow but there was no way the psych ward were gonna give me leave. My solicitor checked with the psych ward that I'm an involuntary patient and it'll be adjourned I guess. It's a minor charge but I was dreading going up to Dublin sober. I did it in December and became psychotic in court and drank straight after.
Old 01-15-2024, 04:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 194 ODAAT and today marks eight years, 2,922 days since I have had chewing tobacco. This is how I know first hand that the one day at a time method will work for me. -2 degrees here this morning.
Old 01-15-2024, 05:20 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
The Dog

One week from today I should be clocking out and heading home from work for the first time in a month. Where I work they often extend our Christmas break but this year is even a week longer than usual. With a full month off of work I knew this would be one of the most challenging times of my quit. For one I hate winter and when it turns off cold and miserable was when I was most likely to buy a bottle and sit at home alone and drink. I would drink when the wife was gone and go to sleep to hide it from here when she came home. Even totally sober I often sleep odd hours even when I am not working. I may only sleep four hours in a night because I am used to being up and then have to take a nap during the day as a result. So she never thought or to this day thinks anything is abnormal if I go to bed in the middle of the day. I knew I would spend a lot of time here in the time I was off especially on days where it is just extreme cold winter weather like now. The tougher times of your quit is what makes it easier after that.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Congrats on making it through this tough time sober DD. Sounds like you had a good plan in place and executed it well!

I am checking in to commit to 24 more hours sober. It’s super cold here but at least the sun is shining today. My anxiety has been through the roof the last few days. I plan on putting in a good cardio workout today to hopefully alleviate some of the stress/anxiety.

Take care all
Old 01-15-2024, 03:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay warm all those dealing with the cold

congrats on your milestones FreddyGeorge, Ayers, Runner FF Ddog BassetDog and Citrus! (hope your son is back playing bball soon)
Old 01-15-2024, 03:59 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Welcome Wagoneer

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Day 200!
I've been a busy bee. Classes Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. And working 12's Saturdays and Sundays. I am questioning my sanity at this point. Lol. But being sober is making it doable.

Youngest stepped on a piece of glass from a candle he accidentally broke last weekend. Thought we had all of the pieces picked up, nope. It was quite the deep cut. He got stitches last Monday night. Just started putting a bit of weight on his foot yesterday. Stitches out on Wednesday. So he's been out of bball. Hopefully back to playing by next week.
​​​​​​
Other than the extreme cold that is about all that has been going on around here.

​​​​​ I have been reading along even though I haven't posted much lately.

So much love to you all. 💜
WOW Citrus, 200 days sober! I know you had to go through something no parent would ever want to. All those hard hard emotions to manage enough to begin recovery in ernest. I admire your courage and strength, you are my hero Bless your heart.
Old 01-15-2024, 04:08 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just checking in as I wrap up day 15. Nice to see everyone's milestones. Cold here too, but we're running the wood stove 24x7 so it's nice inside.
Old 01-15-2024, 05:42 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Zen
​​​​​​
DD way to go on 8 years chewing tobacco free!!! I think quitting cigarettes was a good stepping stone on my path to quitting alcohol.
And I agree that winter is a hard time to quit. A snowstorm coming was a signal to buy beer before the roads got too bad. Lots of snowy beer days here. Glad this year is different for both of us!

Awesome job on 15 days countrysix!!

Hi Dee 😁

Already called off school for tomorrow. If ever there was a good time to have stitches in his foot this is it. He really hasn't missed but one day last Monday. Thursday he went on crutches and Friday was another snow day. He is having fun gaming and being lazy for a week, so I can't feel too very sorry for him. Haha.

Class today was good. I got 90% on a test. I was awful at school when I was a kid so this is not going to bad. Crossing my fingers it stays that way.

💜💜
Old 01-15-2024, 06:02 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
The Dog

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
DD way to go on 8 years chewing tobacco free!!! I think quitting cigarettes was a good stepping stone on my path to quitting alcohol.
And I agree that winter is a hard time to quit. A snowstorm coming was a signal to buy beer before the roads got too bad. Lots of snowy beer days here. Glad this year is different for both of us!
Congratulations on 200 Citrus. I keep an eye on your quit because we are less than a week apart. Please don't let me down, no pressure. Is there anyone else that close to us in days? And I agree, I think quitting chew made me confident I could quit drinking again. I quit once back in 1994 and went over 25 years with no alcohol. Raised three daughters and never had a drink. Thought I had quit long enough I could have a drink or two. Found out I will be an alcoholic for life and all I can do is never take the first drink. And in eight years some of the worst cravings I have had for tobacco have been in the last 6 months. AV knows if it can get me to cave on one it would be easier on the other but so do I.
Old 01-15-2024, 06:15 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

An adjournment is probably a good idea Freedom. Gives more time for the Naltrexone to work.

It's only a minor charge Freedom, not worth the risk. I think the psych unit made a good call.
Old 01-15-2024, 06:22 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
The Dog

Can I just say my wife is awesome? I was sitting here thinking I would go warm up some black eyed peas and ham for dinner or maybe make some burritos. All the sudden she asks me, "What kind of pizza do you want from Casey's dear?" I know a lot of you either don't have a Casey's or have never even heard of it but their pizza is the bomb. Better then Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Papa Johns, all of the pizza chains. I had BBQ chicken with onions and jalapenos. How many of you have a wife (or husband) who will go out in five degree weather to get the best pizza?
Old 01-15-2024, 06:54 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi everyone..
Had a tough day. Looking forward to kickboxing tonight.
Wish I could rid my bike, but it’s in the shop and frankly it’s too cold!
Congrats Runner, Citrus and DD
Old 01-15-2024, 06:54 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ayers View Post
Hello all you beautiful people,
DD - that was such a good deed you and your wife did. I applaud you. She seems like a lovely, caring lady - (the story with the gloves) There truly are still good people around.
Lixie -well done. I'm right behind you at 85 days today. 5 to go till 3 months. I'm very proud of you, you're doing great.
Congrats to all others on their various milestones.
FF - glad the medication is helping you. Stay strong.
I can't for the life of me imagine those temps. We do get cold winters here in South Africa, but nothing like that!! We start complaining when it gets to -5 C.
And we're in the middle of summer now, so it's hard to picture all of you shovelling snow.
Well, keep warm and stay the course xxx
Oh Ayers, I could use some warm weather now!!
Old 01-15-2024, 10:39 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Committing to day 16 clean and sober