Notices

no money, want rehab

Old 08-04-2001, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
manicd

Angry no money, want rehab

I just wanna die. I have no job, no money and I think it is unfair to kill myself and leave baggage behind. Are there any programs in the USA that will accept an unemployed suicidal person?

Thanks for your time,
Steve

Old 08-04-2001, 06:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Exclamation

Steve, there are hundreds of programs. Please reply with your general location (county and state) so that we can provide some referrals...

jon
Old 08-07-2001, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
manicd

I am located in Southern CA. In San Bernardino county near the cities of San Bernardino and Riverside .

Thanks,
Steve

Old 08-07-2001, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jon

Exclamation

Steve, FIRST-if you are still feeling suicidal it is imperative that you go to your nearest emergency room or call 911. It does not matter if you have money or a job, the ER is required by law to help you and to provide you with low and no-cost referrals. I would recommend that you go to Loma Linda hospital as they have a very good mental health program. Do that NOW, and let us know what happened...

------------------
Be well, and have a great 24...
Old 08-07-2001, 03:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
manicd

I quit drinking cold turkey yesterday and will see my doctor tomorrow. I will ask him what my options are. I do have HMO coverage but their mental health coverage is very limited. I think I will survive until tomorrow even though I want to drink again. I have to get sober first and go from there.

Wish me luck and thanks for the support,
Steve

Old 08-07-2001, 05:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jon

Steve, I am in Pasadena, CA.and am a mental health and recovery counselor. E-mail me at jons5150******.com with a number and I will call you this evening.
Old 08-29-2001, 09:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

steven please get help, life is presious and so are you, and john5150 your a good man and bless you both, if i can help let me know
i can maby make some calls for you steve to. judy
Old 09-30-2001, 04:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Gary

There are many rehabs that offer scholarships.The Caron Foundation is one that I know, There is help and remember something that we all sometimes forget...we're not alone

------------------

Old 10-01-2001, 01:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
manicd

Hi,

I wish to thank everyone for their replies to my posting(s). I am currently seeing a doctor for my condition and I think that I am in good hands right now. I have quit self-medicating with alcohol and am considering starting on ADs.

Thanks for your concern.
Steve

Old 04-05-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My boyfriend is a meth addict. He wasnt born here so he has no insurance/ I need help finding a rehab center for him. We have tried goignt o the CMA meeting in LA but he is 19 yrs old and cannot really relate to the people attending those meeting because they are grown. Please i need help if anyone has any reccomendationsi would really appreciate it. I really need help pleasee
Old 04-05-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Priscilla -

The Salvation Army runs free rehab programmes in many parts of the country
The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center: Rehabilitation Program

Otherwise - this is a national database...enter your state and then narrow it down to the area you want - you can ever look for specifically low cost options....it might take a bit of research but you'll find a lot of choices in there

Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

Welcome to SR
D