Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Special-Interest Groups > The Men's Room
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Chat Room [7]

Welcome to the Sober Recovery Community

Already registered? Login above ---^
OR
To take advantage of all Posting, Chatting, Gaming, and all the features available at SoberRecovery, join the over 100,000 current members, and become a member of our supportive community today! Ads will no longer appear on the forums, once you register.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2008, 01:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

girl gets drunk and pukes on our first date

So last night I went out on a first date with a girl I have been seeing around and hung out with a little. I go to her place for the first time after my friday night meeting, and she is doing shots of sourpuss and bols blue (...). I decline to have any, stating that I do not drink at all. She has a few shots and we play guitar hero, then we leave to see some improv comedy. She sneaks in alcohol in her purse to fill her cup after she drinks a highball from there. She throws two empty bottles of Rev behind her chair, not even trying to be inconspicuous. So we go back to her place, and are doing something then she starts straddling me asking me to put in her earings (...), we make out a little... then she goes to the bathroom... I come up and she has her head over a toilet of blue puke. I try and be nice and help her up and into bed, but she is barely coherent. I leave her crawling over her bedroom floor doing... something that didn't make sense. She said she never drinks this much and usually doesn't drink (I'm not sure if I should believe that). At least she stopped bugging me to drink when I explained that I don't like myself when I get drunk. Also it's nice that I was not the one puking on our first date. Thoughts?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-12-2008, 04:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Bring her home to meet the parents

Sounds like a keeper Bob.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-12-2008, 05:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

I don't know if humor is appropriate here, but that was too, too funny, Rob.

Good luck, Bob. My momma always said don't eat anything blue...

warren
Old 04-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Anxiety King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_sapp View Post
She said she never drinks this much and usually doesn't drink (I'm not sure if I should believe that).

Well, I've never met anyone 'that doesn't drink much' that would sneak booze into a club.

good luck and be careful.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Don't get undies in a bunch

Because she puked that tells me she may be new at this drinking stuff.
If she continues with the same actions, well we all know where that can end up.

Just so happens that the night I met my wife was her 18th birthday and she started to puke because she had one beer to many. I came to her rescue and from there she was hooked on me...Opps on her part. Some prize I turned out to be. She stopped, I didn't.
You never know what will be but we know what can be.
Take things slow if your choice is to give it another shot.

Recovery Related Acronym

B. E. S. T. = Been Enjoying Sobriety Today?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

I usually ran in those instances, or they did. Maybe she was just really nervous. We all have made an a$$ of ourselves (me, too many times to count) at inapropriate times. Take it very slow and watch for the pattern if you decide to continue with this.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Helping Others, Helps Me

I have had a horse crap day, but god darn it that made me laugh. I know it isn't that funny, but being an alcoholic I can laugh at that for the right reasons.

I am a good guy who just wants to live a sober, happy, stress free life.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

I am very lucky that people gave me second chances for the stupid things I did while drinking...
Old 04-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Personally I would have left as soon as saw her doing the shots, and I would continue to see her but she would have to be sober.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
Personally I would have left as soon as saw her doing the shots, and I would continue to see her but she would have to be sober.
Hm... It's tough for me to make rules about alcohol, because it seems like every woman in western society likes to get drink, if not get drunk. I want to do things with this girl, but when I phone her on the weekends, she always seems to be drinking, and with other people who are drinking. Being around her when she is drinking is difficult, but being around her and her friends (who I don't know) all drinking? ...I don't think I can do that. I never want to date an alcoholic again, I can't date a drunk/party girl, but what is inbetween that and a teetotaler? I know she is not a social drinker, because she gets drunk, but I don't know how often she does it... or what. This is what I hate about AA... it's a lonely road.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

Even during my heavy drinking and incredibly selfish days, I personally wouldn't of taken her on a second date.

Back then I would of seen her as a light weight, and would of tossed her out of my place if she puked in my bed. I was an complete a$$hole back then.

If I was single now and had the current amount of recovery time I have, I also wouldn't of gone on a second date with her. I'm 34 years old and that kind of behavior sounds like a early 20's party girl type that personally I wouldn't and couldn't deal with.

I'm about to be married to a woman I've been with for four years now and have a son with. I've been out of the dating game for a while, and even back when I was "dating" during my drinking days I wouldn't be the one to go to for dating advice. As a matter of fact I would be the one others would warn you not to go to for dating tips.

Tom
Old 04-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
A new dawn and new chapter

Wow, reverse the roll there and that almost sounded like me going out on dates. Minus the puking. I can probably count on one hand how many times I puked from drinking when I first started doing it on a full time basis when I was 15. But for you young guys out there lurking around here and reading this remember this bit of advise. If you have a special gal you really want to impress never open up with this line when you meet at the pool hall: "Hey there how are you. Wow you look great. So you gonna get all shitfaced with me tonight?" Needless to say that was our first and last date

Like the previous guy I'm definitely not one to be taking dating advice from. Personally speaking I would not have anything to do with her and you're talking to a guy who's only 1 day into sobriety. My mind frame is "hey, I already have a drinking problem. Don't need to be supporting someone else's drinking problem." And there's that whole designated driver thing too. I don't know, maybe a fun girl for a night but outside of that I would stay away. The balls in your court on this one.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

11 years ago last week I married the girl that puked on me the night I met her.
Maybe that's how they mark their territory.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #14 (permalink)

Maybe someone said this, but...

Did you talk to her to find out what was up? I'd go out with her again, but I'd tell her to do without the booze. If she resists, that might be a signal, hard to say. If she agrees and drinks on the date anyway, I would probably say bye-bye at that time.

Ciao.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #15 (permalink)

Good one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkcuda View Post
11 years ago last week I married the girl that puked on me the night I met her.
Maybe that's how they mark their territory.
Very nice!:rof
Old 04-23-2008, 10:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Do or do not. There is no try.

maybe she was just really nervous and was self medicating with alchohol as a social lubricant to take some nerves off the first date. While this may be a red flag to other addicts/alcoholics, its a pretty common thing for young people who might not be in that category yet. ( i assume you guys are young since you mentioned guitar hero, might be a bad assumption though) If you like her and can forgive her then she might be worth a second chance, i know if nobody ever gave me a second chance i wouldnt have much reason to be alive today.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
P38

I find it generous of y'all to suggest that perhaps she's young, nervous, looking to take the edge off first date...that may be true, but then Bob makes another post whereby when he calls upon her again, "she always seems to be drinking, and with other people who are drinking."

You have to put yourself and your recovery first. This girl, may or may not be alcoholic; but she and people she associates with actively use.

I personally could not tolerate it, continuing with this relationship dangerous. Good luck.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:08 AM   #18 (permalink)

So, I see you met one of my ex GFs.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:47 AM   #19 (permalink)

Bob,

While Rob's post is hilarious, I also think it's all you need to know for your decision.

John
Old 05-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22NGONE View Post
Bob,

While Rob's post is hilarious, I also think it's all you need to know for your decision.

John
This was over a while ago, but no, I won't waste any time or effort on drunk girls(and this one was a drunk/party girl). Way too many women out there to get involved with one who gets pissed all the time.